Porta Terra Tower
In Porta Terra Square there is the Porta Reale or Portale Tower. Built in 1500, it represented the main entrance to the city, overlooked by the stone shield of the Aragonese Kingdom, now kept inside the tower.
The door closed at sundown and allowed the entrance to the city until the end of 1800, when the militia left Alghero. It was renamed Porta Terra under Sabaudian rule.