Palazzo de Ferrera
Built in mid–XV century, in the heart of the ancient city, it is the actual Piazza Civica, belonging to the Ferrera, a rich family of Catalan merchants.
It is also known as Casa d’Albis and Palazzo d’Arcayne, the names of the late owners. It was also house of the city military governor, but it is mostly known because it hosted Emperor Charles V in October 1541, on his two day trip to Alghero, a step of his campaign against Algeri.
The style of the building is Gothic and it is built over three orders marked by string course frames. The second and the last can still be seen. In 1960 the building was reconverted into an apartment building.